How does eating more to live great sounds like? How about eat more to lose weight? Sounds perfect, right?
Baron Method is a “lifestyle upgrade” that involves changing one’s perception of what food is supposed to do. Its founder, Harvie De Baron, believes that food works not against the body, but for the body.
“Food is our friend, not the enemy. When you know and when you can control what goes into your food, you can eat whatever you want and be healthy. Baron Method is about being healthy the proper way, and that is through quality food that sets you on the path of doable and sustainable healthy lifestyle,” he said.
Read all about it on my article at InterAksyon.com (http://www.interaksyon.com/lifestyle/want-to-lose-weight-but-super-love-food-eat-more-live-well-with-the-baron-method-diet)
For now, here are some recipes you can try to start your way to healthy eating:
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups water, or home-made chicken stock (not made from cubes and powder)
2 pieces chicken breast fillet, shredded
1small white onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
1 cloves garlic, chopped
3 pieces hard-boiled eggs, sliced
kasuba (local saffron threads)
1. Brush some culinary coconut oil on the pan. Toast the garlic (toppings), remove from the pan, and set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute onions and chicken until cooked.
3. Add the rolled oats and water. Let it simmer.
4. Add the salt and pepper. Cook until oats thicken.
5. To serve, scoop oats in a bowl, top with chopped celery, spring onions, toasted garlic, eggs and kasuba.
MANGOBERRY YOGURT POPS
3 cups unsweetened natural yogurt, or light Greek yogurt
2 cups of Mangoberry Mix (recipe to follow)
1/2 cup skim milk (options: almond or soy milk)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Scoop the mixture into silicone or food-grade ice pop molds.
3. Freeze overnight. You can keep these in the freezer for up to one week.
For the MANGOBERRY MIX:
3 cups fresh strawberries
1/2 cup overripe mangoes, cubed
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup muscovado sugar
1. In a heavy bottom saucepan, add strawberries, water and muscovado sugar and stir. Bring it to a slight boil.
2. Add orange juice and mango cubes. Keep stirring while simmering.
3. Cook until it slightly thickened.
4. Set aside to cool.